The purpose of the start-up burner is to ignite waste materials and to maintain the prescribed minimum
temperature in the primary chamber. It shall be mounted in the lower part of the primary chamber.
- The start-up burner shall function automatically when:-
– Pre-heating is completed, or after reaching the adjustable minimum temperature in the thermal reactor.
– The temperature in the primary chamber has dropped below the adjustable minimum value (e.g. 300?C). This can
occur when a lot of damp waste material is to be combusted.
– The start-up burner shall be of one-stage burner with pre-ventilation, working on the principle of an oil
atomizer for diesel oil, consisting of:-
– Fan housing with adjustable air intake.
– Air closure damper with actuating drive
– Burner tube with burner connection and insulating flanges
– Burner plate with automatic oil firing sequence control, ignition transformer
– Electric nozzle rod with quick closing gate valve, electrode block, baffle plate.
- The mounting point of the waste ignition burner shall be fitted with a manually operated sliding closure plate
to protect the burner head when the flame is not in use. The slide plate shall be interlocked with the burner ignition
controls to provide operation of the burner when the slide plate is not in the fully open position.
The integral burner air fan shall be wired for continuous running.
- Reactor Burner
The purpose of the reactor burner is to ignite low temperature carbonization gases and to maintain the prescribed
minimum temperature in the thermal reactor at all times but mainly during periods when the energy content of the
carbonization gases is low (pre-heat, post combustion phase). It shall be mounted in the entrance area of the thermal
The reactor burner shall modulate between partial load and full load and automatically function when:
– The temperature in the thermal reactor drops below the adjustable minimum operating value (e.g. 1000?C) (full